Halloween Happenings, Saturday, Oct. 27
Easily Lincoln Square’s biggest Halloween event, the Halloween Happenings is organized by the Lincoln Square Ravenswood Chamber of Commerce and features businesses along Damen, Lincoln, Western and Rockwell. Candy is available from 11 to 3 p.m. Check out the Chamber’s website for a full list of participants, but here are the highlights:
- 9 a.m. - 12 p.m. Halloween Costume Contest and Fundraiser at jookie, a portrait boutique.
- 11 a.m. - 3 p.m. Funny Photo Booth by Lincoln Square Patch in Giddings Plaza (That’s right, we’ll be there! Come say hi!)
- 11 a.m. Spooky Story time featured by The Book Cellar in Giddings Plaza
- 12 p.m. Pumpkin Decorating sponsored by Community Christian Church (while supplies last)
- 2 p.m. Dog Parade and Costume Contest sponsored by Ruff Haus Pets!
Ravenswood Halloween Spooktacular, Saturday, Oct. 27
Located at Bethany United Church of Christ (4250 N. Paulina Street), this Halloween celebration features pumpkin decorating, a scavenger hunt and games for kids. Dusk brings a haunted house and candy for everyone in costume. The celebration starts at 2 p.m.
Trick or Treat Northcenter, Saturday, Oct. 27
From 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., join the businesses of Northcenter for trick-or-treating along North Lincoln Avenue. The costume contest starts at noon in the Town Square and will have a grand prize for the best-dressed family.
Howl-O-Ween, Saturday, Oct. 27
The eighth annual pet parade and costume contest is at the corner of Ravenswood and Winona this year. For $5, enter your pup to win a $25 cash prize in the following categories: scariest, funniest, most original, best homemade, best entry from owner 12 and under, best owner/dog combo and judges’ favorite. Registration starts at noon and the parade and judging begins at 1:30 p.m.
Future Hits: A Halloween Spectacular, Saturday, Oct 27
Proceeds from this show benefit McPherson, Bell and Hamilton Elementary Schools. All are welcome in costume to Schubas (3159 North Southport) at 2 p.m. Adult tickets are $10 and kids are $5 to the concert.