- Super Bowl XLVII starts at 5:30 p.m. Sunday.
- CBS-TV (channel 62) coverage of the big game begins at 1 p.m. with "Super Bowl Today" until 5 p.m.
- The "Super Bowl Kick Off Show" starts at 5 p.m.
Join the party
Here are a couple great places to spend Super Bowl Sunday in Lincoln Square and Northcenter.
O'Donovan's Pub and Restaurant, 2100 W. Irving Park Rd.
- $5 Salty Dogs, White Trash Mimosas, Jumbo Screwdrivers
- $12 Mini Champagne buckets
- $5 Bombs
- $8.50 Pitchers of Miller Lite, Coors Light and PRB
- $1.99 Pint of bacon
- $5.95 Sloppy Joe
Copper House, 4337 N. Lincoln Ave.
- $2 Shots
- $5 Bloody Mary of Mimosa
- $10 Craft Beer Flights
Bad Dog Tavern, 4535 N. Lincoln Ave.
- $4 22-ounce Miler and Bud Light drafts
- $15 domestic buckets
- Half-price pizzas
- Half-price appetizers
- Trivia and prizes
Chicago Brauhaus, 4732 N. Lincoln Ave.
- $20 All-You-Can-Eat Buffet and cash bar
The Rail Bar, 4709 N. Damen Ave
- $2.50 Miller Lite, MGD, PBR and Coors Light 20-ounce drafts
- $4 Seirra Nevada Celebration Ale and Stella Artois 16-ounce draft
The Globe Pub, 1934 W. Irving Park Rd.
- $1 California beers
- In addition to drink specials, the pub is giving away four trips to vegas
Himmel's, 2251 W. Lawrence Ave.
- Buy one, get one pizza for dine-in customers
- Catering available
Chicago's Pizza, 1919 W. Montrose Ave.
- Online special: order one, extra large, one-topping thin crust pizza and get a free medium, one-topping football pizza
[Did we miss your favorite place? Leave a comment!]
Watch at home
If you plan to skip the bar scene altogether, here are some yummy recipes your whole family will enjoy during the game!
- Super Bowl recipes from The Chopping Block
- Super Bowl snacks from The Food Network
- Nutritional Tips for Enjoying a Slim Super Bowl